சனி, 25 ஜூலை, 2020

Yancheng - 1

Feb 2005, Apr 2005 and June 2005 I made three trips official as L & T Projects division AGM, under Industrial Valves division
This particular write up is about visit to Yancheng in China which is approx 310 Kms from Shanghai. Always Shanghai used to be kind of centre point for official travel.
L&T has a office too here. Shanghai has old and New city just like our Hyderabad and Secunderabad. City looks like any western country city with multistorey buildings and Huang pu river.Its visual treat for eyes to travel during nights all buildings lighted up like in developed countries. OK lets get out of Shanghai and you can be seated in the car as I am travelling alone except the driver.
This was in June 2005, Early morning got up and got ready by 6am, the driver already in reception waiting for me. Most of road travels will start early morning sometimes even at 4am. Chinese will be ready before us, as they don't take bath in the morning, only night times.
The travel is going to take approx four hours the driver said. Anywhere by road we can easily cover 80 kms per hour in China basically, most of the highways are high-rise and exit points only in important cities en route.
As the car was travelling at higher speeds the driver kept on talking to me, he is already friendly with me, as this is my third trip and most of the times, he used to take me around. I remember his name as Tsu pronounced Su.
He used to speak fairly good English. As we were travelling, I found the village sides are similar to India and fields mostly on both sides of high rise roads.
In China except in between few cities we need to travel by road and preferably by Car. Han Jian Rong has become my friend by this time, he supplies Valves to L&T, also has many contacts with foundries in China.During the months I visited the temperature used to be between 23 and 27 deg C.
(To continue)

கருத்துகள் இல்லை: